Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
About Lockton Northeast
For the Northeast Series, you’ll find our people in the metropolitan areas spanning Washington DC, Philadelphia, New York City, Hartford, Norwalk, Boston, and Portland ME. With our unmatched work ethic, and an ability to go above and beyond to make a difference for our clients, the Northeast continues to experience double-digit (organic!) growth.
We offer a flexible & hybrid work environment that allows our Associates to split their time between in-person and remote.
Our Marine team is growing at a fast pace and with that, we need talented individuals to join us!
The Client Manager is at the forefront of our Lockton Northeast Client Engagement strategy. They are directly responsible for the servicing needs for an assigned book of Marine Specialty Insurance Programs that include Cargo, Stock Throughput, Logistics and Wet Marine Liabilities under the general guidance of the Practice Leader, Account Executive and/or Senior Client Manager.
Overall responsibilities include marketing/placement/servicing of select lines of insurance and execution of day to day administrative and service needs. The Client Manager is also responsible for developing a strong working relationship with clients, carriers, and Lockton team members. The position is designed for an experienced insurance professional with 4 – 10 years of relevant insurance experience. The Client Manager will be a participant in the Lockton Northeast Career Advancement Program which is designed to provide technical and practical training supporting continued career progression. A high performing and successful Client Manager will deliver transactional excellence and provide great customer service.
- Supports Practice Leader/Unit Manager, Account Executive or Senior Client Manager on complex accounts
- Owns the service delivery and renewal process on a designated book of business including but not limited to marketing, placement, and overall service (under the oversight of the Practice Leader/Unit Manager, Account Executive or Senior Client Manager)
- Responds to Client’s inquiries, maintains documentation of communications, existing issues, and issue resolutions
- Provides Client service aligned with Lockton Northeast processes and protocols and our overall Client Engagement strategy
- Supports implementation of new marine related lines of coverage by setting up account, collecting needed documentation, and reviewing program details with Client and Insurer
- Gathers and compiles exposure information from the Client
- Requests and collects quotes (new and renewal) from insurers
- Audits quotes, binders, and endorsements and makes requests for changes as needed Processes audits and creates audit analysis for Client
- Receives policy, then updates and completes policy check to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Updates specifications, application, and summary information to reflect changes during the year
- Builds coverage specifications under direction of the Practice Leader/Unit Manager, Account Executive or Senior Client Manager
- Informs Client of any and all changes that may affect insurance premiums or coverage
- Gathers and compiles information for new business opportunities and generates materials for Client presentations and meetings
- Creates and sends compliance communications as needed
- Leverages analytics to support program design, negotiation and Client decision making
- Works with TSA Group to issue and process Invoices, and Certificates of Insurance
- Resolves accounting issues
- Understands and leverages Lockton resources at the center of the company
- Research industry trends and governmental regulations
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as needed
- Time Management and Organization: Uses a range of skills, tools, and techniques to manage time when accomplishing specific tasks, projects and goals; this includes planning, allocating, setting goals, delegation, analysis of time spent, monitoring, organizing, scheduling, and prioritizing
- Professionalism: Conducts oneself in a polite and respectful manner and demonstrates good judgment when dealing with internal and external clients
- Client Focus: Practices Lockton’s motto, “We Live Service,” while serving Clients’ needs, nurturing effective Client relationships, and contributing to the overall success and satisfaction of Lockton
- Reliability: Completes tasks and job functions on time, while meeting or exceeding expectations; carries a trusted reputation for dependability, honesty, consistency, and commitment.
- Communication: Expresses ideas clearly, listens effectively, shares information appropriately, demonstrates interpersonal skills, and resolves conflict as needed
- Industry Knowledge: Stays current on issues impacting the industry by maintaining expertise in functional area
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related program or equivalent education and/or experience in the insurance industry
- Minimum of four to five years of experience working with marine cargo and other related lines of coverage is required
- Ability to efficiently organize work and manage time to meet deadlines
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures, proactively protecting confidentiality of client and company information
- Willingness and ability to work outside of normal business hours and travel as needed
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Legally able to work in the United States
A successful candidate will have:
- An eagerness and enthusiasm to learn and be a part of their respective Unit or Practice
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- An ability to excel at multi-tasking, adapting to change and working on tight deadlines to meet our clients’ needs
- An ability to manage time, prioritize and ensure that deadlines are met without compromising quality
- The entrepreneurial spirit, with an eagerness to learn and grow within the company
- The intellectual curiosity and quantitative mindset to leverage analytics to inform strategy and assist our clients in making decisions
- The initiative to actively participate in the Career Advancement Program and to pursue technical excellence through professional designations, industry workshops etc.
- An ability to develop underwriter relationships with key insurers
- The desire to mentor and develop junior Associates, including Interns, Analysts and Senior Analysts
Lockton is committed to advancing diversity and inclusion. We have a dynamic entrepreneurial culture in which our people are empowered to make a difference to better serve client needs. We are committed to giving back to our communities and we are invested in your success. We offer a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing organization.
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to departmental budgets, qualifications, experience, education, licenses, specialty, and training. The above hiring range represents Lockton’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
September 15, 2023
August 23, 2023
July 17, 2023
June 30, 2023