Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
The Executive Assistant (EA)provides administrative support to Lockton Management key executive as well as event planning and operations support, as needed, for the office. This role keeps the executive on their “A” game so that they are ready and organized for the day/week/month ahead. This includes planning travel, managing contacts and schedules, supporting events that help drive business or support the series, and managing expenses. In this role the EA will act independently to execute activities and initiatives on behalf of the executive with minimal guidance.
· The executive is ready take the trip, go to the meeting feeling organized with the right information, communications and details handled.
· The event goes off without a hitch and the smallest of details have been managed.
· The executive feels supported and taken care of at a moment’s notice.
· You have anticipated the needs and stayed in rhythms with the executive.
· Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with other Executives and Executive Assistants
· Coordinate domestic and international travel
· Manage Social Media presence
· Prepare internal and external corporate documents for team members and industry partners.
· Manage contacts and schedule internal and external appointments, conference calls and webex
· Prepare and submit expense report-related activities, such as receipt collection and follow up, and corporate credit card billing reconciliation.
· Coordinate / Support corporate events such annual company meetings, charity events, including contract negotiation and budget management
· Maintain an organized filing system of hard copy and electronic documents.
· May assist in the RFP Process.
· Uphold a strict level of confidentiality and careful handling of critically sensitive documents.
· Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and Executives
· Managing Work: Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
· Initiating Action: Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is being required; being proactive.
· Collaborating: Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
· Building Customer Loyalty: Meeting and exceeding (internal or external) expectations while cultivating relationships that secure commitment and trust.
· Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
· Decision Making: Identifying and understanding problems and opportunities by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information; choosing the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions; taking action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimizes probable consequences.
· We run at Lockton Speed! We make decisions locally, with a sense of urgency. We are responsive to Executive, our teams and our partners. Be quick, but don't hurry! This means get it done right the first time with efficiency, speed, and most importantly quality.
· We make it happen! There is no bureaucracy. We are open to solving problems in new ways. We are free to do the work that we love, take risks, while making responsible professional decisions. We value independence, new ideas, and informed opinions.
· We have a passion for our work. We have high expectations for our self and others. We are intensely competitive, and aggressively pursue the best solutions. We are intentional in how we work, and use drive and grit and move through challenges. We thrive on difficult challenges.
· It's Personal. Our relationships matter. We are in this together with our associates, clients, and communities. One team, where candid and straightforward interactions allow for proactive collaboration. We work through challenges, celebrate our successes, learn and grow.
Knowledge and Experience:
· 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior management.
· Experience planning both small and larger scale events, including contract negotiation and vendor manager
· Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
September 15, 2023
August 23, 2023
July 17, 2023
June 30, 2023