International Client Executive-Commercial Insurance (Chi...
Chicago, United States of America
International Client Executive-Commercial Insurance (Chi...
Chicago, United States of America
Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Based in Kansas City, Lockton Companies is the world’s largest privately owned, global insurance broker and employs more thank 3,700 risk professionals, Lockton provides more than 15,000 clients around the world with insurance, benefits, surety, and risk management services. Lockton’s mission is to be the worldwide value and service leader in the insurance and risk management industry, and our commitment is “to provide the most uncommon results in a most common business.”
As a result of continued individual and group accomplishments, Lockton has a record of steady and substantial growth. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, Lockton is interested in hearing from you.
Lockton is currently seeking an International Client Executive in the Lockton Global Solutions Practice who will be independently and wholly responsible for a complex book of global clients; this will entail translating risk and loss profiles into solutions through program design across all lines of cover through a compliance lens. They will build long-term, trusted advisor relationships with clients, Producers, and Associates, supporting business growth. The International Client Executive drives accountability for execution of account strategies by delegating and empowering supporting Associates on the Lockton Global Solutions team, as well as the Risk team. The International Client Executive should always adhere to Lockton cultural values, and treat fellow Associates, clients, and vendors with dignity and respect.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- Ownership (both placement and advisory) of the Foreign Casualty product
- Collection and analysis of exposure data
- Evaluation of need for local placements for Commercial General Liability, Workers’ Compensation/Employer’s Liability, Auto, as well as local extensions
- Submission preparation, including calculation of target premiums for both guaranteed cost and loss sensitive programs
- Perform loss analysis for loss sensitive programs
- Maintain relationships with key underwriting contacts; maintain abreast of appetite and capabilities of all global markets
- Receive and review quotes, binder, and policies
- Effectively negotiate the best program offering on behalf of our clients
- Formulate and effectively communicate recommendations (and supporting reasons for recommendations) to clients
- Provide detailed communication to local Lockton Global offices throughout the renewal and implementation process.
- Perform policy and premium tracking as necessary
- Maintain updated list of all local policies, both within controlled master programs and those placed on a standalone basis
- Global program design across all lines of cover
- Perform analysis of optimal program design based on client data across multiple lines of cover, including but not limited to: Property, Marine, Directors and Officers Liability, Crime, Business Travel Accident, Environmental Liability, and Professional Liability
- Effectively communicate recommendations (and supporting reasons for recommendations) to internal and external clients
- Aid teams in respective disciplines in vetting the global capabilities of markets to be considered
- Assist teams in respective disciplines in global program implementation once bound (communications with local offices, policy/premium tracking)
- Assist practice teams in accessing capacity in local markets where needed
- Sole point of contact for Lockton global partnership
- Regularly communicate with teams at local Lockton Global offices regarding renewals, program changes, acquisitions, and other events that can impact program structures or client relationship
- Negotiate local Lockton Global office remuneration considering service requirements
- Foster relationships with local offices via in-person visits (travel) as well as frequent communication via phone and email
- Maintain abreast of changes in local marketplace and key issues that impact our clients on a local level
- Promote prospecting opportunities between in-series Producers and local resources (Producers or client teams)
- Thought leadership in global risk arena
- Maintain abreast of current topics in emerging risk that impact or could impact our clients
- Raise topics of interest with internal and external clients
- Seek out solutions for cover where they may exist
- Deliver all the resources Lockton has to offer globally
- Maintain awareness of resources, practice groups, and areas of placement specialization that Lockton has to offer both domestically and abroad
- Serve as liaison and connection point of US domestic teams and resources outside the U.S.
- Develop and foster meaningful relationships with clients and prospects
- Clearly articulate the Lockton Global value proposition
- Develop deep understanding of client’s businesses (corporate objectives, supply chain, customer base, macroeconomic factors that impact business, performance KPIs, competitors, etc.)
- Prepare meaningful deliverables with clear messaging for all client interactions (renewal strategy, renewal proposal, RFP response, stewardship, etc.)
- Deliver compelling messages in all client interactions, demonstrating command of role as well as alignment with client objectives
- Ownership of an industry or business segment vertical within LGS
- Develop business and risk acumen specific to selected vertical
- Maintain abreast of market appetite for selected vertical
- Understanding of applicable coverages applicable to inherent risks in selected vertical
- Tailor specific approach to client deliverables in selected vertical
- Aid producers in targeting multinationals in selected vertical
- Knowledge sharing within LGS and Series regarding emerging risks facing selected vertical
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, International Affairs, or related field and/or years of experience equivalent. CPCU designation or post-graduate studies preferred.
- 10+ years of global risk management experience, including extensive knowledge of Property and Casualty coverage products and marketplace.
- Flexibility to travel both domestically and abroad; both accompanied and alone.
- Ability to market and service multinational programs; thorough understanding of commercial insurance rating concepts.
- Extensive knowledge of regulatory landscape and nuances of placing local foreign cover.
- Proven ability to organize and manage time efficiently to prioritize heavy workloads in order to meet all time-sensitive deadlines.
- Demonstrated aptitude for understanding and quickly executing oral and written instruction.
- Demonstrated understanding of when to proceed alone and when to involve the Producer, unit manager, and/or others.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally and develop strong client relationships.
- Demonstrated professional, tactful negotiation, and persuasion skills to achieve objectives.
- Firm grasp of the English language with above-average verbal, written and interpersonal skills to interact with Associates and clients at all levels of responsibility.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; and similar applications including use of spreadsheet applications and formula calculations.
- Knowledge of foreign language(s) and/or experience working/traveling overseas a plus.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours as needed.
- Legally able to work in the United States.
- Extensive business and financial acumen; ability to read and interpret financial statements.
- Knowledge of loss-sensitives casualty programs structures including small deductibles, large deductibles, SIR unbundled programs, paid-loss deductibles, corridor deductibles, matching deductibles and captives.
- Knowledge and familiarity with collateral analysis.
- Understanding of complex global property and shared-and layered property programs.
- Knowledge of nuance of loss sensitive foreign programs such as captive ceding, deductible implications by country and global TPA selection.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
September 15, 2023
August 23, 2023
July 17, 2023
June 30, 2023