Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Develops and maintains favorable internal and external relationships, with the end goal of providing the highest level of customer service by meeting or exceeding industry standards.
- Oversees the servicing of a designated book of business as relating to marketing, claims, and administration
- Researches an issues’ root cause, implements, and resolves policy-related issues
- Recommends potential enhancements or improvements to processes, products, and/or policies
- Uses discretion and independent judgment when analyzing industry trends and providing related Client guidance.
- Develops financial models and reports for Client and more senior staff, provides interpretation and implication of analysis, as well as recommendations
- Provides expertise in strategic planning and consultative advice to clients, including the production, analysis, and recommendations for changes to coverage plans
- Engages in Client strategy meetings to manage insured expectations for upcoming term
- Develops and presents coverage plan and renewal terms to Client
- Assesses and interprets exposure information from the Client
- Analyzes quotes from carriers to determine appropriate recommendations
- Interprets and evaluates policy terms to ensure adequate coverage for Client’s identified exposures
- Facilitates Client premium financing
- Participates in negotiations with carriers for new and renewal quotes
- Collaborates with senior staff in selecting new markets for submission and requesting quotes
- Reviews new business opportunity information and provides related recommendations to Unit Manager/Account Executive
- Establishes and maintains relationships and interfaces with Clients, carriers, and other vendors
- Researches and understands industry trends and government regulations
- Mentors and trains junior-level staff
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field and/or years of experience equivalent
- Typically, more than 7 years of Client services experience is required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills required
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge and experience within brokerage industry
- Understands industry trends and governmental regulations
- Ability to complete continuing education requirements as needed
- Ability to attend company, department, and team meetings as required, including industry training sessions
- Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures, proactively protecting confidentiality of Client and company information
- Ability to efficiently organize work and manage time to meet deadlines
- Ability to travel by automobile and aircraft
- Ability to use office equipment such as a computer, keyboard, calculator, photocopier, and facsimile machine
- Ability to work on a computer for a prolonged amount of time
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours as needed
- Legally able to work in the United States
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
December 14, 2023
February 21, 2024
February 13, 2024
February 26, 2024