Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton is looking for summer Interns to join our People Solutions team.
During our comprehensive 10-week program, People Solutions Interns will be embedded in teams, supporting the delivery of service and solutions for our clients. Working alongside our Associates allows Interns to experience our caring, diverse culture, develop business acumen, and grow their technical and soft skills. Interns will receive training on employee benefits and the insurance industry, Lockton tools and resources, and a variety of essential consulting skills.
Rewards of being an Employee Benefits Intern at Lockton:
- Exposure to a career path that offers tremendous growth opportunity
- Multiple one-on-one coaching sessions
- Networking opportunities with clients, teams, and carrier partners
- Partnership with a summer mentor to manage daily workload
- Opportunity to give back to local communities through volunteer events
- Support team with an active book of business for a wide variety of clients
- Present to a client at a minimum of one meeting
- Participate in comprehensive training program to learn the fundamentals of employee benefits consulting
- Assist with various projects such as benefits renewal analysis and requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Support monthly client financial reporting and benchmarking exhibits that compare a client's benefit offering against normative data
- Become familiar with contracts, communications materials, and company cost sharing strategies
- Status as a currently enrolled student, scheduled to graduate Spring 2025 or Fall/Winter 2024
- Legal right to work in the United States
- Preferred majors are business, insurance, marketing, finance, statistics, or health sciences, however, all majors are encouraged to apply
- Experience with customer service and/or project management
- Ability to work both independently and in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Experience working in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
**Housing is not provided by Lockton; Securing housing is the responsibility of the Intern.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
September 15, 2023
August 23, 2023
July 17, 2023
June 30, 2023