Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton Midwest is looking for summer interns to join our Risk Practice. During our comprehensive 10-week program, Risk interns will be embedded in various Property and Casualty teams where they will contribute to real work for our clients through delivery of effective solutions. Working alongside our Associates allows interns to experience our caring diverse culture and at the same time, grow their business skills.
Rewards of being a Risk Intern at Lockton:
- Join a class of high-potential future professionals
- Direct exposure to a career path that offers tremendous growth opportunity
- Robust collaborative training working with real clients
- Hybrid work environment
- Multiple one on one coaching sessions including meaningful feedback
- Networking opportunities and social activities
- Partnership with a summer mentor managing your daily workload as we consult with our clients
- Opportunity to give back to local communities via a collaborative charitable service day
- Throughout the 10 weeks interns will meet with multiple Lockton Associates, Producers, and carrier partners while being exposed to the following:
- Partnering with Lockton account teams on key initiatives and day to day servicing projects related to new and renewal business.
- Theme week approach offering a wholistic view of the Broker responsibilities including comprehensive training in all facets of our business and a variety of our specialty verticals.
- Participating in off-site carrier visits and client presentations.
- Making a positive contribution to client satisfaction and constantly strive to improve service to the clients.
- Communicating in a positive manner to contribute to a cohesive, pleasant work environment.
- Check out a day in the life of a Risk intern here !
- Status as a currently enrolled student, scheduled to graduate Winter 2024 or Spring 2025
- Legal right to work in the United States
- Lockton is open to all majors
- Comfortable working in Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong customer service, communication, and project management skills
*Housing is not provided by Lockton; Securing housing is students responsibility.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
September 15, 2023
August 23, 2023
July 17, 2023
June 30, 2023