Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton Dunning Benefits is currently seeking an Assistant Vice President to join our Pharmacy Consulting Team and assist with managing health plan clients. This position will proactively drive discussions around pharmacy strategies, mentor and train others and deliver the highest level of support by meeting or exceeding industry standards. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high level of professionalism; possess the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and the flexibility to easily adapt to changing priorities.
- Proactively consult on large, complex clients including health and welfare plan design, pricing, benchmarking studies and negotiations, plan renewals and vendor analysis and management
- Act as an expert within the Pharmacy practice and consult with other internal SME’s on complex strategies to optimize client satisfaction & retention
- Support the generation of new business by collaborating with Producers in prospect meetings, acting as the technical SME and leading the RFP process
- Act as a trusted business advisor by developing relationships with client’s contacts through effective communication and quality execution of plan designs/projects
- Primary contact with vendor partners and negotiates plans terms/changes to overall plan design
- Identify and address client service issues; develop and implement processes and policies to improve overall client service
- Develop and lead processes including communications strategy, collateral materials, vendor implementation, and conducting open enrollment meetings
- Draft and deliver client presentations and communications specific to each clients’ benefit plans
- Develop and deliver monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to clients regarding trends, financial performance and plan changes
- Collaborate with team lead to develop project plans, select teams for delivery on client projects, and ensure project goals are met
- Work with team lead in ensuring completion of reports and administrative actions for clients such as Form 5500 filings, policy checking and delivery, SPDs, etc.
- Ability to lead client meetings and provide “on the spot” strategic guidance and financial performance information in conjunction with or independently from the team lead
- Maintain an awareness of all large and potentially complicated claim related matters, assist with negotiations and resolution of claim settlement on behalf of clients
- Develop and produce Request for Proposal (RFP) by coordinating vendor replies, developing an analysis from RFP responses and preparing client report with recommendations
- Execute client renewals by building relationships with key client stakeholders and asking effective probing questions that lead to innovative pharmacy benefit plan designs
- Meet with clients in conjunction with team lead to review action items and communicate problems and/or vendor issues
- Maintain ongoing client relationships by attending on-site client meetings and/or lunch and evening events
- Mentor and train team members with the end goal of providing the highest level of support by meeting or exceeding industry standards
- Build relationships with PBMs, specialty pharmacies, and other pharmacy vendors.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in business related field.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the industry, specifically experience in PBMs or health plans.
- A complete working knowledge of pharmacy benefits in multiple product lines (i.e. Medicare, Medicaid, commercial Health Plan, employer).
- Spearhead client relationships by delivering excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organization, communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing and spreadsheet expertise.
- Complete working knowledge of differing financial arrangements and products available to clients
- Must be knowledgeable on compliance requirements and federal legislation.
- Must be available for travel and willing to accept responsibility for client/vendor entertainment.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
September 15, 2023
August 23, 2023
July 17, 2023
June 30, 2023