Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Houston, San Antonio, Kansas City, Edina, Plano, New Orleans, Baton Rouge
Do you enjoy administering leaves? Would you enjoy working with various clients that vary in size and industry? Do you enjoy being in a collaborative, professional environment? Then we have the position for you!
Lockton is a global professional services firm with over 10,000 Associates who advise clients on protecting their people, property and reputations. Lockton has grown to become the world's largest privately held, independent insurance broker by helping clients achieve their business objectives.
Lockton is known throughout the insurance industry as an entrepreneurial, progressive and successful insurance broker. As a result of continued individual and group accomplishments, Lockton has a record of steady and substantial growth. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, Lockton is interested in hearing from you.
Due to our success and increased business opportunities, we are looking for a Leave Administration Specialist to provide excellent customer service to employees with regards to all aspects of absence management. This position is a subject matter expert regarding all types of employee leaves of absence, including Short Term Disability, FMLA, Long Term Disability, Unpaid leaves, etc. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high level of professionalism; possess the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and the flexibility to easily adapt to changing priorities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Process incoming calls, emails and system notifications regarding leaves of absence, while providing prompt accurate service
• Responsible for utilizing the tools provided to maintain compliance with federal, state, local and union specific leave policies
• Coach employees, managers and HR professionals on the appropriate web based processes, legal requirements and policy regarding leaves
• Provide employees/managers with information and assistance regarding potential leaves
• Produce and track all required documentation
• Assess, adjudicate, and track all FMLA claims and available time
• Coordinate leaves with Short Term Disability Vendor and Workers’ Compensation Claims Teams to properly administer concurrent leaves
• Update employee records in the HR/Payroll system as appropriate
• Escalate issues to the proper management resource as appropriate
• Maintain established performance goals and help ensure the organization is meeting performance targets and complying with service level agreements
• Provide critical thinking regarding absence management processes. Identify trends and make recommendations for continuous process improvements to management
• Consult with clients on best practices and policy reviews for compliance
• Support new client onboarding process
• Assist with client projects as needed
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• A Bachelor’s Degree is highly desired
• Four or more years of professional experience in absence management is preferred; Customer Service experience is preferred
• Knowledge of FMLA, State Leave regulations and requirements and ADA is required
• Hands on experience with HR/Payroll systems is desired, along with experience using email and Microsoft Office suite
• Must have a strong disposition toward customer service and proven aptitude for computer-based leave transaction processing
• Legal right to work in the United States
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
December 14, 2023
February 21, 2024
February 13, 2024
February 26, 2024