Analyst (International Private Equity Vertical)
New York City, United States of America
Analyst (International Private Equity Vertical)
New York City, United States of America
Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
The Associate is the primary service support for the international private equity vertical and is responsible for developing a strong working relationship with a team of diligence advisors, carriers, and Lockton team members. Candidate must be comfortable learning to engage across various work streams, timelines, and client contacts.
The role requires building a broad understanding of the private equity Insurance diligence process, strong international P&C Insurance product knowledge, insurance market placement experience, and excellent communication. The individual will be responsible for assisting the International Private Equity Client Manager with a comprehensive International P&C Insurance analysis and, when appropriate, assist with the creation and dissemination of market submissions. They also will assist the Client Manager in client onboarding, day to day client service, renewal support, and handle their own book of business.
A high-performing and successful candidate will be proactive, creative, highly responsive to internal and external stakeholders, deliver transactional excellence, have superior attention to detail in a fast paced environment, and provide the Client Manager with an additional, value-added level of support in conversion of new P&C business.
- Work closely alongside the Client Manager to facilitate the pre-acquisition property & casualty insurance due diligence process with our TAP team
- Coordination of global offices to deliver due diligence results for foreign entities
- Provide, with Client Manager guidance, in-depth program review and analysis of target portfolio International P&C Insurance programs
- Summarize and comment on coverages, terms, premiums, limits, deductibles, insurers, and insurer financial ratings
- Identify any potentially deal-impactful exclusions/limitations, coverage deficiencies, or pricing considerations arising from the target entity’s current P&C insurance programs
- Identify any un-insured or under-insured P&C exposures (specifically, compare/contrast actual exposures of the Company in the diligence financial data to the current P&C policy exposure basis)
- Identify any international country regulations that are not currently being met
- If necessary, recommend alternatives to the existing coverage to be implemented at closing or shortly after closing
- When appropriate, assist Client Manager to procure alternative P&C budgetary pricing and coverage terms on new platform opportunities (not add-ons to existing clients or BORs) with our key partner P&C insurance markets across the entire Northeast Series. Leverage key Private Equity insurer relationships where possible.
- With assistance and working alongside the Transaction Analyst/Advisor, develop submission documents for new platform opportunities (exposure workbook, loss summary, etc.)
- Information management, including: Collection of client exposure and policy summary information from international servicing teams, Maintenance of accurate and up-to-date information on clients, brokers, carriers, and coverages, Renewal tracking and notification, Maintenance of account open items lists, Client database management and information management
- Assembly of marketing submission documentation
- Marketing renewal to incumbent and prospective carriers
- Preparing quote comparisons and renewal proposal for client
- Coverage analysis of all policies under Lockton control
- Local service coordination and correspondence
- Adherence with all agreed account deliverables, protocols, and procedures
- Participation in client presentations and other projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree (business, finance, accounting preferred) or equivalent education and/or experience required
- Firm grasp of the English language with above-average verbal, written and interpersonal skills to interact with Associates and clients at all levels of responsibility, globally
- Must have exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills to instill confidence in Clients and Associates at all levels of responsibility
- Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures, proactively protecting confidentiality of client and company information
- Willingness and ability to work outside of normal business hours
- Flexibility to travel by train, auto and plane with overnight stays as required by the business
- Proven ability to organize and manage time efficiently to prioritize heavy workloads in order to meet all time-sensitive deadlines
- Demonstrated aptitude for understanding and quickly executing oral and written instruction.
- Demonstrated understanding of when to proceed alone and when to involve the account executive, unit manager, and/or others
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally and develop strong client relationships.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Legally able to work in the United States
- Knowledge of foreign language(s) and/or experience working/traveling overseas a plus
Lockton is committed to advancing diversity and inclusion. We have a dynamic entrepreneurial culture in which our people are empowered to make a difference to better serve client needs. We are committed to giving back to our communities and we are invested in your success.
We offer a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing organization
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to departmental budgets, qualifications, experience, education, licenses, specialty, and training. The hiring range represents the company’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
September 15, 2023
August 23, 2023
July 17, 2023
June 30, 2023