Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Internship/ Placement Role
- Participate in rotational program to learn the various reinsurance “basics”.
- Immerse yourselves in our Lockton Re culture.
- Assist Brokers and Senior Broker in the production, design, analysis and administration of reinsurance programs on behalf of client partners.
- Assist in preparing pre-renewal documents, underwriting submissions and organizing/tracking quotations.
- Assist in handling and maintaining files.
- Assist in liaising with the claims, accounting and contract departments to ensure consistent and best-in-class service standards.
- Assist in liaising with the Compliance department where necessary to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Develop and present long-term project to the Broking team based on knowledge gained throughout the program.
- Be accountable to Brokers and Senior Broker(s) to provide excellent and timely service to clients.
- Able and willing to learn new things – hardly anyone comes out of college knowing about reinsurance, so we’ll teach you if you are eager to learn
- Interested in building relationships - reinsurance is a relationship-driven industry and interacting with customers, reinsurers and colleagues in social settings is part of the job
- Numerically literate - you don’t have to be a math major, but you do need to be able to think and reason about numbers and do basic math
- Collaborative and team-oriented - insurance works because people work together; reinsurance broking is no different
- A good communicator, both verbally and in writing - telling a compelling story and conveying your ideas clearly is what reinsurance broking is all about
- Able to think creatively and demonstrate problem-solving skills - new challenges inevitably arise, especially in a new company. Doing the best we can for our customers requires resourcefulness, imagination, and determination
- Trusted with detailed tasks - details matter, so having a process for reviewing your work to find errors and noticing when something doesn’t look right help to build trust with colleagues, customers and reinsurance partners
- Adaptable to changing environments - as a start-up company that is growing fast, we are gaining new employees and customers daily, so things move quickly and are constantly changing
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours as needed
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
September 15, 2023
August 23, 2023
July 17, 2023
June 30, 2023