Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Internship/ Placement Role
This Lockton Summer Internship Program application is for the People Solutions Consulting team in our Dallas & Plano offices. Interns are exposed to different areas of the business and have the opportunity to interact with Lockton Associates and leaders. This program features multiple personal and professional development opportunities and immersion in Lockton’s world class culture. Interns will assist Lockton Associates on key initiatives including carrier/client correspondence and various account servicing projects. Each intern is paired with a Performance Coach to guide them through the course of the internship and offer feedback. This internship will include a group project that culminates in a formal presentation to peers, Associates and leaders.
- Prepares a variety of correspondence, reports, and other forms of documentation
- Coordinates and communicates calendar appointments and tasks within the team, ensuring preparedness and accuracy
- Creates and maintains files of correspondences, records, presentations, and other materials
- Composes and prepares a variety of correspondence, financial reports, spreadsheets, and other documents
- Interacts with internal and external Clients, exemplifying genuine hospitality and service
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as needed
- Successful candidates have shown balanced success in both academics and extracurricular activities. Strong GPA and involvement in a combination of sports, student government, college clubs, community service, and work is desired. Lockton also looks for leadership positions in these activities as an added plus. Strong to excellent communication skills are required as well.
- Lockton looks for students entering their junior or senior year who are focused on a career in professional services / consulting
- Ability to attend company, department, and team meetings as required
- Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures, proactively protecting confidentiality of client and company information
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
September 15, 2023
August 23, 2023
July 17, 2023
June 30, 2023