Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
The Senior Account Manager is one of the primary business contacts for Clients and is responsible for possessing and applying knowledge of industry trends and related regulations in the course of servicing Clients’ accounts in an innovative and efficient manner. This position shall also develop and maintain favorable internal and external relationships, with the end goal of providing the highest level of customer service by meeting or exceeding industry standards.
The Senior Account Manager must work in a team environment, reporting to the Director, working closely with his/her or his/her peers, and delegating work as needed to analysts.
· Oversees the servicing of a designated book of business.
· Competency of ideally both contract and commercial surety.
· Uses discretion and independent judgment when analyzing industry trends and providing related Client guidance.
· Issuing New Business
· Financial Analysis
· Line Renewals
· Marketing and Placement
· Bid Bonds and Good Guy Letters
· Coordinate/Plan/Attend Client Meetings
· Represent Lockton in the Marketplace and Industry (NASBP, AGC, etc.)
· Refine/Expand Surety Knowledgebase (NASBP Surety School)
· Demonstrate Leadership
· Mentors and trains junior-level staff.
· Performs other responsibilities and duties as needed.
· Time Management and Organization: Uses a range of skills, tools, and techniques to manage time when accomplishing specific tasks, projects and goals; this includes planning, allocating, setting goals, delegation, analysis of time spent, monitoring, organizing, scheduling, and prioritizing
· Professionalism: Conducts oneself in a polite and respectful manner and demonstrates good judgment when dealing with internal and external clients
· Client Focus: Practices Lockton’s motto, “We Live Service,” while serving Clients’ needs, nurturing effective Client relationships, and contributing to the overall success and satisfaction of Lockton
· Reliability: Completes tasks and job functions on time, while meeting or exceeding expectations; carries a trusted reputation for dependability, honesty, consistency, and commitment.
· Communication: Expresses ideas clearly, listens effectively, shares information appropriately, demonstrates interpersonal skills, and resolves conflict as needed
· Industry Knowledge: Stays current on issues impacting the health and welfare industry by maintaining expertise in Surety
· Bachelor’s Degree or related field and/or years of experience equivalent
· Typically, 5+ years of Surety experience is required
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
· Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills required
· Demonstrates strong working knowledge and experience within brokerage industry
· Understands industry trends and governmental regulations
· Ability to complete continuing education requirements as needed
· Ability to attend company, department, and team meetings as required, including industry training sessions
· Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures, proactively protecting confidentiality of Client and company information
· Ability to efficiently organize work and manage time in order to meet deadlines
· Ability to travel by automobile and aircraft
· Ability to use office equipment such as a computer, keyboard, calculator, photocopier, and facsimile machine
· Ability to work on a computer for a prolonged amount of time
· Ability to work outside of normal business hours as needed
· Legally able to work in the United States
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
November 21, 2023
November 7, 2023
October 23, 2023
September 15, 2023