Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton Affinity, LLC
Lockton Affinity, in Overland Park, KS is searching for a Data Analyst. At Lockton, information technology is seen as a major contributor to delivering exceptional business results. The Data Analyst position is a key contributor within the organization and has the opportunity to directly support our business vision. Lockton desires Associates who want to be part of something bigger than themselves, who possess a positive attitude and who are tenacious about overcoming obstacles encountered.
This position requires someone whose mind and skills are strong, and someone with a commitment to continuous learning and experimentation to keep them that way. This role also requires the ability to communicate and collaborate clearly with internal departments as well as with consultants and third-party contributors from outside the company.
We are looking for a Data Analyst who will facilitate the implementation of our data strategy and our business intelligence reporting initiatives to deliver timely relevant information to stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, motivated, results-driven, flexible, detail-oriented, and collaborative. Our fast-paced environment has a supportive culture that values autonomy, initiative, and personal accountability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborate with various functional teams such as marketing, underwriting, operations, and IT to identify analytical requirements and achieve business results.
• Responsible for data analysis, consolidation, and business reporting.
• Develop and maintain reporting databases, ETL, reports and dashboards for stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
• Provide research support by collecting, analyzing data and reporting results in a useful way.
• Uses commercial tools or develops custom solutions to generate metrics and useful business data.
• Ensures data accuracy, troubleshoots and improves performance of data applications.
• Maintains data integrity and data processing efficiency by working to eliminate redundancy and applying best practice data stewardship techniques.
• Recommend information tools and train end-users in their use.
• Keep abreast of how the organization uses its data.
• Continuously improves own toolset: skills, technology, information science concepts.
• Handle special ad-hoc analytical projects as needed.
• Ability to translate business goals and requirements into technical objectives.
• Can conceptualize & contextualize information, creating mental maps that can be used to navigate problems and create solutions.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to build and maintain business reports using Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS) and/or PowerBI.
• Experience with data transformation/extraction using integration services such as Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and/or Azure Data Factory.
• Ability to retrieve and collect the appropriate data sources using various tools including Microsoft SQL server management studio (SSMS).
• Advanced Excel proficiency including pivot table creation and linking to external data sources.
• Experience using Microsoft SQL databases.
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field, or relevant combination of experience and education.
• Experience working with a cloud-based environment such as Microsoft Azure using data lakes, pipelines, and other data services.
• Ability to create and maintain dashboards using Business Intelligence tools like PowerBI, Tableau, etc.
• Experience using GIT, Visual Studio or DevOps source control.
• Oracle DB and/or other data storage type experience is a plus.
• Experience in an Agile shop for projects and work requests.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Associates assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
November 21, 2023
November 7, 2023
October 23, 2023
September 15, 2023