Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton is a global professional services firm with more than 8,000 Associates who advise clients on protecting their people, property and reputations. Lockton has grown to become the world's largest privately held, independent insurance broker by helping clients achieve their business objectives.
A few reasons Associates love working at Lockton include:
- Opportunities for growth and advancement, including paid training and professional development.
- 12-week paid parental leave.
- An emphasis on community involvement and giving back.
- Frequent athletic and wellness events.
- Incredibly generous rewards; US Associates receive a Rolex for their 10-year anniversary!
- We are uncommonly and perpetually independent.
Actuarial Analyst – People Solutions
Lockton’s Northeast Region’s People Solutions Practice continues to grow, and we are seeking qualified actuaries to help support our recent and future growth. Successful actuarial consultants at Lockton are energized by providing an exemplary level of service to our clients’ employee benefits plans; being part of a culture that rewards initiative, collaboration and an entrepreneurial spirit; and working with our clients to address their most complex benefits needs and challenges.
We offer a flexible & hybrid work environment that allows our associates to split their time between in person and remote. Our offices are located in:
- Portland, ME
- Boston, MA
- Farmington, CT
- New York, NY
- Philadelphia, PA
- Blue Bell, PA
- Washington, DC
- McLean, VA
Provides actuarial support via the following workstreams:
- Annual forecasting of health care claims costs
- Calculation of incurred but not reported (IBNR) reserves
- Financial evaluation of carrier RFPs on behalf of employers
- Actuarial Plan value calculations
Contributes to Lockton’s intellectual capital through ad hoc projects and studies
- 4-year university degree in a quantitative field (e.g. actuarial science, mathematics, risk management, business)
- Minimum of 1 exam passed with a plan to attain actuarial credentials
- Able to work and communicate effectively as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent quantitative, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Passionate about concise, effective communication of complex calculations as much as the calculations themselves. It is critical to be able to communicate across all mediums (verbal, written, virtual, etc.)
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and hit internal and external deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel. Knowledge of SQL, PowerBI is an asset, but not a requirement
- Willing to travel occasionally for internal and external meetings
- Legally able to work in the United States
Lockton is committed to advancing diversity and inclusion. We have a dynamic entrepreneurial culture in which our people are empowered to make a difference to better serve client needs. We are committed to giving back to our communities and we are invested in your success.
We offer a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing organization
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to departmental budgets, qualifications, experience, education, licenses, specialty, and training. The hiring range represents the company’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
November 21, 2023
November 7, 2023
October 23, 2023
September 15, 2023