Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton Management, LLC
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and growing Property Practice. The Property Analyst will work with catastrophe risk models to perform a variety of deliverables. This position will be a client facing role, providing modeling results and presentations when necessary, while also collaborating internally with the Property Practice and various account teams to give Lockton’s clients the tools they need to manage their business. The role will work closely with other analytics teams throughout Lockton U.S., and will be responsible for helping set the strategic direction for cat-related content delivery.
• In tandem with the Property Practice, support the property analytics strategy
• Perform catastrophe modeling using Lockton’s access to the RMS and AIR platforms for a large portion of the Pacific series’ client base.
• Modeling requests will involve simple to very complex commercial property schedules
• Interpret complex modeling results and effectively communicate, both written and oral, what CAT models and simulations mean to Lockton clients and internal colleagues
• Dissect technical components of a client’s property schedule, COPE data and Secondary modifiers and consult with brokerage team on what will or will not impact modeling results.
• Act as a licensed driver / subject matter expert for Lockton’s third-party mapping & event notification software.
• Use, build and enhance complex analytical tools such as Lockton’s Dynamic Capital Model to align with the property analytics output.
• Transform and prepare modeling output in templates to connect and import into Lockton’s business intelligence software, Power BI.
• Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, actuarial science, finance, statistics, economics, or a related field, or the equivalent in work experience required
• 1+ years of commercial Property and Casualty insurance experience and / or insurance broking / consulting experience preferred
• Proficiency in data manipulation and advanced technical understanding of Microsoft Excel
• Experience with RMS and AIR catastrophe models preferred
• Knowledge of scripting languages such as SQL and R preferred
• Functional understanding of business intelligence visualization tools (preferably Power BI) preferred
• Ability to efficiently organize work and manage time in order to meet deadlines
• Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures, proactively protecting confidentiality of client and company information
• An eagerness and enthusiasm to learn and collaborate across multiple teams
• Willingness and ability to travel as needed
• Legally able to work in the United States
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
November 21, 2023
November 7, 2023
October 23, 2023
September 15, 2023