Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Atlanta, Philadelphia, Minneapolis
New Reinsurance Associate hires will be exposed to multiple facets of the reinsurance industry, including client relations, technical service and project management. The onboarding experience is very "hands-on" and will give candidates a thorough induction to the business.
Successful candidates will demonstrate an eagerness to learn, a willingness to communicate and an adaptability to changing environments
- Assist Broker and Senior Broker(s) in the production, design, analysis and administration of reinsurance programs on behalf of client partners.
- Prepare submissions, obtain quotations, and represent our client partners in the reinsurance marketplace.
- Handle and maintain files, negotiate contract subjectivities and other open items (e.g. special acceptances.)
- Liaise with clients and reinsurance markets for day-to-day account inquiries.
- Liaise with the claims, accounting and contract departments to ensure consistent and best-in-class service standards.
- Collaborate with Market Security to advise clients on reinsurers’ financial condition.
- Liaise with the Compliance department where necessary to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Be accountable to Senior Broker(s) to provide excellent and timely service to clients.
- Able and willing to learn new things – hardly anyone comes out of college knowing about reinsurance, so we’ll teach you, but you must be eager to learn
- Numerically literate - you don’t have to be a math major, but you do need to be able to think and reason about numbers and do basic math
- Collaborative and team-oriented - insurance works because people work together; reinsurance broking is no different
- A good communicator, both verbally and in writing - telling a compelling story and conveying your ideas clearly is what reinsurance broking is all about
- Able to think creatively and demonstrate problem-solving skills - new challenges inevitably arise, especially in a new company. Doing the best we can for our customers requires resourcefulness, imagination, and determination
- Interested in building relationships - reinsurance is a relationship-driven industry and interacting with customers, reinsurers and colleagues in social settings is part of the job
- Trusted with detailed tasks - details matter, so having a process for reviewing your work to find mistakes and noticing when something doesn’t look right help to build trust with colleagues, customers and reinsurance partners
- Adaptable to changing environments - as a start-up company that is growing fast, we are gaining new employees and customers daily, so things move quickly and are constantly changing
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours as needed
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
November 21, 2023
November 7, 2023
October 23, 2023
September 15, 2023