Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
About the Position
Lockton is a global professional services firm with 6,500 Associates who advise clients on protecting their people, property and reputations. Lockton has grown to become the world's largest privately held, independent insurance broker by helping clients achieve their business objectives. To see the latest insights from Lockton's experts, check Lockton Market Update.
A few of the reasons Associates love working at Lockton include:
- Opportunities for growth and advancement, including paid training and professional development
- 12-week paid parental leave
- A huge emphasis on community involvement
- Frequent athletic and wellness events
- Incredibly generous rewards; US Associates receive a Rolex for their 10 year anniversary!
Lockton Management, LLC
What’s the role and Key responsibilities:
- As a Sr. Data Engineer, you will create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture, Infrastructure automation (IAC) and also will assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements across Data Solutions.
- You will also identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability etc.
- Implement foundational and advanced analytics methodologies to address key metrics to improve customer experience, network performance, quality of service, profitability of products, and personalized offerings
- Delivering technical functionality developed against the Global Lockton Cloud Data Platform's with a Product Mindset.
- Use data, analysis, and automation to generate value within the company through advanced data modeling and other advanced analytics principles
- Building the infrastructure required for optimal ETL/ELT of data from a wide variety of data sources using Cloud Technologies and OnPrem.
- Responsible for helping an organization deliver high data availability and quality throughout the entire data life cycle from ingestion to end products: dashboards, machine learning models, and production datasets.
The Successful Applicant
Technical Knowledge, Key skills and experience required for the successful candidate:
- Hands-on experience with Azure services such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, ADLS-Delta lake, Azure functions, Logic aps, Synapse, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Storage, Azure Search, Purview, Azure SQL server, Scala/Spark/SQL/PYTHON etc.
- Azure Database development experience with Infra as a Code, Azure CI/CD, Azure Classic Pipelines, Azure YAML, ARM/Terraforms/Ansible, AKS
- Maintenance, Azure ML, Pipeline integrations, Azure PaaS and IaaS, Azure Infra Experience (Spinning VM's, Databases and Cosmos)
- Expertise in Data warehousing - data modelling, relational and Dimension modelling, Data quality, data catalog and Data Governance
- Design and build highly scalable data pipelines using new generation tools and technologies like Spark, Kafka to induct data from various systems
- Experience with data security and data access controls and design across digital transformation/cloud migration programs.
- Deep understanding of relational as well as NoSQL data stores, methods and approaches (star and snowflake, dimensional modelling)
- Ensure proper requirement traceability and Quality delivery during development and integration testing
- A strong background in the Microsoft SQL Server stack (including SSIS, SSRS, Power BI, and SSAS)
- Ability to build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets
- Should support the Production live application by maintaining 100% Data accuracy and data availability in all 24*7.
- Minimum of 7+ years of increasingly responsible experience in Data Platforms, Data Engineering, Software Engineering at high impactful and changing environments
- 4+ years of working experience in Azure or cloud platforms as Solution/Data Architect/Data Engineer
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with one or more cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, Google.
- Experience in collaborating with a high-profile team of Data Engineers, data scientists, Business Analytics and Data Analysts
- Knowledge of Software development agile methodologies and worked in Scrum teams
- Excellent communication & presentation skills with a track record of engaging with senior business leaders
- Experience in Finance/Insurance would be a distinct advantage
- Should have worked in a dynamic and fast-changing environment
- High affinity with AI-powered insight tools and engines and application of real-time solutions to analytics problems
- Experience with GEN AI and LLM's will be added advantage
- Exposure to COGS/KTLO, Operations and Command Center activity
Soft Skills Required
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Highly driven, energetic, flexible, resourceful & ability to multitask
- Clarity of thoughts and vision
- Ability to ideate and bring solutions to the table
- Adherence to timelines, without sacrificing the quality of output
- Hands-on and detail-oriented, with a strong ability to coordinate across different Geographies and with different stakeholders
- Graduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related
- Strong exposure to Databases and data structures of cloud-based technologies
- Azure/GCP/AWS Solution Architect certification or Data Engineer certification is plus
Receive ongoing support and funding towards your personal learning and development, including coverage for relevant courses and certifications in data related fields. Lockton prides itself on offering outstanding career progression programs for those who wish to progress in their field of interest, be it in a Technical or Leadership capacity.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
November 21, 2023
November 7, 2023
October 23, 2023
September 15, 2023