Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
The HRO Benefits Sr. Analyst works closely with the benefits consulting teams who help place employee benefit plans for our clients. We handle administration of these benefit plans including systems interactions, employee interactions and working closely with our clients to be sure their benefit plan administration runs smoothly.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists in the administration of various benefits plans for various clients.
• Answers questions and provides information and general assistance regarding benefits and related HR programs, plans, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations in a timely manner.
• Coordinates and corresponds with various contacts, such as benefit carriers, employees and HR department.
• Manages the maintenance and storage of employee benefit records, accurate employee data entry in HRIS/Ben Admin system and appropriate administration of benefits enrollment and other transactions.
• Works closely with the benefits consulting team to assist with the overview of communications on plans and policies, as required to employees and HR.
• Supports the development of policies related to health and welfare benefits.
• Provides research, reporting and analytical support as required.
• Assists with the implementation of new benefit plans.
• Processes and audits vendor bills and prepares for payment.
• Coordinates annual open enrollment activities: provides task list and due dates; works within HRIS to update and confirm rates and rules; oversees preparation and assembly of materials; supervises the input, audit, company notification, and employee confirmation of changes; and makes sure all new data goes over to vendors appropriately.
• Recommends solutions to improve services, implement processes, and partner with HRIS, Audit and Payroll to support best practices.
• Resolves benefit and claims issues.
• Attends and participates in client and HRO team meetings.
• Attends workshops and internal training to stay informed of new trends and innovations in the field of benefits administration.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s Degree is required.
• Four or more years of professional experience in benefits administration.
• Strong knowledge of HRMS/Benefits Administration systems.
• Ability to coordinate the day-to-day operations of employee benefit plans and programs including flexible benefits programs, group medical and life insurance plans, disability programs including FMLA administration, retirement plans
• General knowledge of Time and Attendance systems and payroll processing.
• Good understanding of Healthcare Reform.
• Experience in completing root cause analysis of system errors, ability to understand the way data flows, organizational structure in systems.
• Familiarity with carrier administration systems (i.e. BCBS, UHC, CIGNA, Delta, Aetna) and ability to trace a disconnect between the Benefits Administration system and the carrier.
• Knowledge of benefit specific guidelines of DOL, IRS, ERISA, HIPAA and ACA.
• Work under steady pressure with frequent interruptions and a high degree of contact by phone or in person.
• Work independently in the absence of supervision.
• Ability to exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality in maintaining critical and sensitive information, records, and reports.
• Ability to interface with company leaders and represent the company in a professional manner.
• Legal right to work in the United States.
• On a very rare occasion, may need to be able to pass drug screening and answer any applicable COVID-19 questionnaire based on client needs. This would be at no cost to you and would be based on acceptable testing guidelines as provided by recommendations from the DOL, EEOC, ADA and CDC both at the State and Federal level for business necessity.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
November 21, 2023
November 7, 2023
October 23, 2023
September 15, 2023