Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton Dunning Benefits is currently seeking an Associate Financial Analyst within the health & welfare actuarial practice. The position will work with credentialed actuaries to service self-funded employer sponsored health plans with a primary focus on delivering quality financial analyses to clients and client teams. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high level of professionalism; possess the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and the flexibility to easily adapt to changing priorities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Use models to project loss trends, determine funding rates, analyze claims lag time, complete feasibility studies, and illustrate cash flows.
· Create new financial reporting templates; update existing templates to improve standard models used in analysis.
· Evaluate benefits utilization and claims data to assist clients in developing cost management and health risk management strategies.
· Determine impacts for network changes, plan changes, contribution strategies, and other strategic considerations.
· Prepare spreadsheets, graphs, and other illustrative tools for presentations and reports.
· Prepare custom reports and analysis for specific client needs.
· Work collaboratively with client service teams to collect and review data for accuracy.
· Integrate data from multiple data sources into relevant client reports.
· Collaborate with client service teams and actuaries to develop and track project deadlines.
· Become adept at using Lockton benchmarking tools and in sourcing/using external surveys.
· Communicate in a positive manner to contribute to a cohesive, pleasant work environment.
· Keep informed of industry developments and products available in the marketplace.
· Make a positive contribution to customer satisfaction and constantly strive to improve service.
· Participate in internal office meetings as required.
· Other responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in a business-related program or equivalent education and/or experience, with an emphasis in math, statistics, or finance required.
· Preference for a candidate taking actuarial exams and pursuing an actuarial credential (ASA).
· Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to develop strong client relationships.
· A working knowledge of welfare benefits, risk, and health insurance concepts.
· Excellent computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet expertise.
· Excellent organizational and communication skills.
· Legal right to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
December 14, 2023
February 21, 2024
February 13, 2024
February 26, 2024