Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Account Manager or Senior Account Manager (based on level experience) – Healthcare Casualty Risk Management
Lockton is seeking an experienced insurance professional who is an independent thinker and is motivated by the growth of our associates and clients. The Senior Account Manager will provide personalized support to our Casualty Risk Management book of business with a focus on delivering exceptional service. If you are seeking a high-energy position with the flexibility to be “Uncommonly Independent”, Apply Today!
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work in conjunction with Account Executives and/or Producers to manage an assigned book of business, with a focus on Casualty Insurance Lines of coverage (medical malpractice, general liability, workers compensation, automobile, excess liability, etc.)
- Responsible for coordination and execution of administrative and service functions for assigned accounts
- Support the implementation of new lines of coverage by setting up account, collecting needed documentation, and reviewing plan details with client and carrier
- Gather and compile exposure information, including loss-runs and stratifications
- Responsibility in the preparation of the submission documentation. Must be prepared to receive to transmit to markets, if prompted by Account Executive.
- Request and collect new and renewal quotes from carriers
- Audit policies, quotes, binders, and endorsements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Update specifications, application, and summary information to reflect changes throughout the lifecycle of the policy
- Bind coverage under the direction of the Unit Manager and/or Account Executive
- Generate marketing and informational material for client presentations and meetings
- Create and send compliance communications, as needed
- Assist with the issuance and processing of client invoicing and bill discrepancies. This will also involve working with the Surplus Lines Department, as needed.
- Utilize an inquisitive mindset to research industry trends and governmental regulations that may impact the client and/or Lockton
- Manage and oversee the Certificate of Insurance and ID card process.
- Support the teams with Image Right filing, managing open items list, and contract reviews
- Additional tasks, as requested by leadership
The most qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Insurance and Risk Management, Business, or related field preferred
- Minimum of four (4) years of related commercial, underwriting, or risk management experience
- Prior brokerage, insurance industry and/or client services experience strongly preferred
- Experience in professional liability insurance (medical/healthcare preferred, but not mandated)
- General understanding of casualty insurance coverages
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Professional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of associates/clients
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability to work within high-pressure time constraints
- Effective critical thinker with the ability to resolve complex client service issues
- Technical aptitude with the ability to learn systems and processes quickly
- Willingness to travel and work outside of normal business hours, as needed
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
December 14, 2023
February 21, 2024
February 13, 2024
February 26, 2024