Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
The Lockton Privacy & Cyber Risk Team is responsible for providing direction, consolidation, coordination and management of a wide variety of data protection and cybersecurity consulting services to clients. Reporting to Lockton’s KC based Cyber Team and working with the National Cyber & Technology Risk Consulting Practice Leader, you will work directly with brokers to support Lockton clients’ risk improvement and loss control strategies.
- Meet with clients to conduct interview-based assessments of existing data protection risk postures.
- Review and analyze clients’ insurance applications to identify and prioritize areas for risk improvement and loss control.
- Discover and identify clients’ compensating controls that meet underwriting requirements, and advocate on clients’ behalf regarding same.
- Develop and create strategic roadmaps and outlines for clients to improve cyber and privacy risk postures while building enterprise resiliency.
- Help with clients’ internal conversations about business processes dependent on information technologies, information security, budgeting for improvements, and cyber insurance procurement.
- Coordinate implementation strategies based on agreed to data protection risk service models.
- Conduct tabletop scenario planning and workshops (telephonic or in-person) to evaluate and assess client’s incident readiness and response.
- Assist with the creation of breach response plans tailored to the client’s organization and its identified objectives, risk tolerances and information technology and security maturity levels.
- Prepare and present training workshops for clients on privacy, cybersecurity, controls, and risk improvement strategies.
- Work with colleagues in product, claims, and analytics to identify and create strategies to support enhanced client experience.
- Build and maintain relationships with insurer trading partners risk consulting services, have excellent working knowledge of insurers’ loss controls offerings and communicate with teams regarding the same.
- Build and foster relationships with cybersecurity firms, law firms, and other vendors as necessary to ensure that clients have excellent experiences when using third party vendors for privacy and cybersecurity risk control issues.
- Support the Practice’s thought leadership initiatives.
- Support the data protection learning journey of Producers and Associates
- Bachelor or master’s degree in a related field (law, IT, business, finance, cybersecurity, information assurance) or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in managing privacy and/or cybersecurity risk, implementing guidelines & policies on cybersecurity and privacy risks
- Ability to communicate about technology, cybersecurity and privacy risks in an easy to understand and accessible manner.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable data protection and cybersecurity legal & regulatory frameworks
- Data protection certifications (CIPP, CIPM, CIPT…)
- Cybersecurity certifications (CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CRISC…)
- Property & Casualty Insurance Producers License
- Cyber insurance experience, underwriting, claims, and/or insurance broking
Application Submission Information:
- Submit applications to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
December 14, 2023
February 21, 2024
February 13, 2024
February 26, 2024