Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton Private Risk Solutions
- Working knowledge of personal lines coverages and services.
- Substantial experience in marketing and servicing the insurance needs of personal accounts.
- Understanding of personal lines rating concepts.
- Expanded insurance industry knowledge through experience and/or course work.
- Proven ability to organize & manage time in order to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and execute oral and written instruction.
- Demonstrated professional, tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to instill confidence with clients so that client looks to you and to Lockton as more than just an insurance broker, but as a partner in business.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook) or similar software applications.
- Advanced working knowledge of spreadsheet applications and formula calculations.
- Strong understanding of general insurance accounting, including client invoicing.
- High aptitude for mathematical calculations including multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and ability to interact with Associates at all levels of responsibility.
- Demonstrated presentation skills, including preparation and execution.
- Effectively delegates as appropriate.
- Demonstrated understanding of when to proceed alone and when to involve the Department Manager or others.
- Wholly understands the concept, issues, and overall impact of market pricing.
- Understanding of risk management concepts (including loss rating, accruals, etc) and when they are useful to clients.
- Ability to consult clients on other Lockton services and insurance needs.
- Ability to make decisions in compliance with established Lockton standards of quality performance and service.
- Ability to compile, analyze, and interpret financial information and data to facilitate decision-making.
- Personal presence to interface with top management of other businesses, representing Lockton in the highest professional manner.
- Ability to coach and mentor other Associates.
- Willingness and ability to expand knowledge and effectiveness in the commercial insurance industry by successful completion of extended classes and workshops related to insurance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related filed
- At least 3 years of progressive experience working for an Insurance Broker in Personal Lines with clients who have high net worth.
- Ability to work Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Authorized to work in the United States
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
December 14, 2023
February 21, 2024
February 13, 2024
February 26, 2024