Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton Management, LLC
Lockton is the largest private, independent insurance brokerage in the world. A relationship-focused business, we’re passionate about people and helping ours achieve their ultimate potential. Our Brand & Communications team, located in Kansas City, Missouri, is adding an Internal Communications Manager. If you can see yourself delivering important and engaging communications to our people, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
The Internal Communications Manager will work in the space where communications and Associate experience meet. You will join a team of communicators tasked with delivering the right information, with the right message, at the right time, using the right channel. In this role you will report to the AVP, Communications Manager, partner with strategic function leaders, and serve as an active member of the dynamic, passionate and empowered team of Associates working in Brand and Communications.
• Work with a variety of internal stakeholders to develop and oversee communications and content that builds awareness, drives engagement, and aligns with the organization’s strategy and goals, as well as continues to advance the Lockton story and culture.
• Lead development of communications channel strategy to engage and inform internal audiences in alignment with overall enterprise-wide communication strategy.
• Oversee the overall channel portfolio for internal audiences, including intranet(s), repositories and other internal communication channels, and work to increase channel adoption and performance.
• Serve as strategic partner to Lockton’s internal teams, including but not limited to Human Resources, Information Technology, Travel, and Finance and Accounting, providing guidance and governance for which communication belongs on which channel.
• Align content with external communications and other key stakeholders where appropriate, creating linkages across the business so that our people understand how their roles and teams contribute to Lockton’s purpose, strategy and culture.
• Plan, edit and write communications that “speak” to leaders, people managers, Associates and Producers with the right message, tone and voice.
• Create and oversee processes for content creation, review, etc., across enterprise internal channels; implement standards, systems and templates for content and identify key performance indicators for channels while tracking channel effectiveness.
• Lead research of emerging digital communications for internal audiences and oversee elements of digital transformation related to digital Associate experience.
• 4+ years of relevant experience in an internal communications role, ideally in-house, with a focus on leading and developing multi-channel internal communications strategy.
• Proven ability to build effective relationships with a wide range of internal audiences.
• Understanding and experience with various internal communications channels in a hybrid environment, including with managing an intranet.
• A creative thinker with strong storytelling skills.
• Excellent communicator, including experience drafting and publishing written and audio-visual content.
• Positive and flexible attitude with a high degree of integrity and professionalism and ability to remain composed under pressure.
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Word and PowerPoint.
• BA in journalism, communications, public relations or marketing is an advantage.
What matters to us
• You are intellectually curious. You are driven by the need to learn and you fully understand client needs and industry complexities.
• You are a problem solver who develops innovative solutions and educates clients on best practices.
• You prioritize serving the greater good over your own objectives.
• You are action-oriented, flexible and always striving for the best possible outcome.
• You contribute to Lockton’s caring culture by participating in community activities, supporting your colleagues and striving to make an impact for your client.
• You are an active and collaborative member of the team.
• You’re a good communicator and an active listener, always working to ensure understanding.
• You believe that a challenge is just an opportunity. You strive to make yourself and those around you better.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
December 14, 2023
February 21, 2024
February 13, 2024
February 26, 2024