Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
About Lockton Northeast:
Lockton's Northeast Series includes offices in the metro areas spanning from Washington DC, Philadelphia, New York City, Hartford, Boston, to Portland, ME. The Series grew by 21% in the last fiscal year, all organically – not through acquisitions – a true testament to the dedication, passion, and expertise Lockton associates deliver.
About the Role:
The Client Manager is at the forefront of our Lockton Northeast Client Engagement strategy. They execute product line specific strategy aligned with overall Client strategy. They are directly responsible for providing Clients with strategic and tactical product line support while providing excellent day to day service. He / she handles all aspects the Client Engagement process including placement and advisory functions.
The goal of the Client Manager role is to develop a trusted relationship with the Client and support their overall business objectives / strategy. A high performing and successful Client Manager will be a strategic leader, deliver transactional excellence and provide strong customer service.
A Client Manager in the International Practice is independently and wholly responsible for a complex book of global clients; this will entail translating risk and loss profiles into solutions through program design across all lines of cover through a compliance lens. He / she will build long-term, trusted advisor relationships with clients, Producers and Associates, supporting business growth. The International Client Manager drives accountability for execution of account strategies by delegating and empowering supporting Associates on the Lockton Global Solutions team.
- Serves as the primary international liaison between Lockton and Clients, providing technical advice / service on international insurance programs
- Provides visible leadership, both internally and externally
- Cultivates relationships with the most senior relationship in the Client organization as well as with day-to-day Client representatives and buyers
- Understands the Client’s overall business, operations, risk management needs to provide strategic advice and day to day support. Aligns developed risk strategies with our clients' financial, operational and strategic goals / objectives
- Identifies and delivers an international total cost of risk strategy
- Maintains overall responsibility for all aspects of the renewal process and day to day service
- Leverages analytics to develop risk strategies, support renewal negotiations and help Clients make informed decisions
- Responds to Client’s inquiries, maintains documentation of communications, existing issues, and issue resolutions
- Collaborates with Client Executives to ensure and optimize overall service delivery to Clients
- Works closely with Producers to develop and implement Casualty strategies to expand business / earn new business
- Supports team training and development efforts. Is vested in the development of all Associates
- Global program engagement (strategy, program design, placement, implementation, and execution) across all lines of business
- Assist practices in accessing capacity in local markets where needed
- Serve as the sole point of contact for the Lockton Global Partnership
- Deliver thought leadership in the global risk arena
- Deliver all the resources Lockton has to offer globally
- Bachelor’s degree (business administration or international affairs preferred) or equivalent education and/or experience required
- A minimum of five years of commercial Property and Casualty insurance experience and / or insurance broking / consulting experience required
- Understanding of insurance/risk management concepts and their application to Clients’ needs
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial information to facilitate decision making and develop an understanding of the financial condition of Clients and prospects
- Ability to market and service multinational programs; thorough understand of commercial insurance rating concepts
- Must have exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills to instill confidence in Clients and Associates at all levels of responsibility
- Flexibility to travel both domestically and abroad; both accompanied and alone
- Extensive knowledge of global regulatory landscape and nuances
- Licensed broker in their state of residency or state of employment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of foreign language(s) and/or experience working/traveling overseas a plus
- Legally able to work in the United States
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
September 15, 2023
August 23, 2023
July 17, 2023
June 30, 2023