Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton Dunning Benefits is currently seeking an Account Executive, responsible for developing an internal specialist practice to service the needs of Lockton clients under the general guidance of the Unit Manager and in accordance with Lockton procedures. Working in conjunction with the Producer and Unit Manager, will lead the development of new business opportunities, new product/concept development and facilitate growth and retention of existing business.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct effective meetings with clients
• Provide thought leadership regarding benefit strategies
• Maintain strong client relationships in both professional and personal settings
• Establish and maintain carrier-partner relationships
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of products available in the market
• Monitor and analyze the financial position of each line of coverage throughout the year
• Prepare cost projection throughout the year and at renewal
• Integrate HRS concepts into benefits strategies
• Determine when and why overages will be marketed
• Initiate and manage entire renewal process in a timely manner
• Manage the bid solicitation process for all lines of coverage related to the practice
• Analyze the financial and service aspects of the proposals
• Provide recommendations based on marketing results
• Identify opportunities for business expansion and growth
• Negotiate terms and conditions with carriers
• Provide guidance to account team during coverage implementation
• Identify opportunities and gaps in coverage
• Proactively deliver regulatory and compliance support to clients
• Provide insight and recommendation on employee benefit communication campaigns
• Ensure client deliverables are peer reviewed prior to delivery
• Conduct benefit audit for prospects
• Efficiently manage the utilization of company resources and talent
• Facilitate communication and collaboration with producers
• Initiate involvement of Unit Manager and other Lockton resources as needed
• Assist in development of other associates by identifying additional skills, training needs, etc.
• Possess strong presentation skills, including preparation, execution, and delivery of materials
• Continually develop understanding of evolving funding options, underwriting principals, and pricing
• Analyst complex data, interpret, and communicate findings
• Listen to clients and colleagues, provide meaningful feedback, and collaborate to identify problems and solutions
• Share subject matter expertise in development of other associates
• Mentor and coach others
• Provide strategic planning and consulting advice to clients, prospects, and team members
• Participate in formal presentations to prospective and current clients, as well as insurance vendors
• Develop mutually beneficial relationships with insurance carriers, external clients, and Lockton Associates and Producers
• Work with Producers to develop new business opportunities
• Participate in annual long range planning meeting as requested
• Support Unit Manager and provide leadership during monthly unit meetings
• Actively participate in interviewing and recruiting process for new hires
• Facilitate and/or attend staff meetings, department meetings, educational workshops, and industry and trade meetings
• Participate in various Lockton Company meetings
• Special projects
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and/ or experience
• Extensive working knowledge of voluntary benefit overages/programs and a demonstrated willingness to maintain current industry proficiency
• Extensive experience in marketing and servicing the insurance needs of employer sponsored voluntary benefit plans
• Consistently demonstrated ability to instill confidence with clients so that the client looks to the Voluntary Benefits Director and to Lockton as a partner in business.
• Proven ability to resolve issues involving Associates, resources and/ or projects by seeking the required level of management involvement when needed
• Proven leadership and problem solving skills, including resolving unusual and complex issues
• High mathematical aptitude including the ability to calculate and interpret formula methodologies
• Consistently demonstrated high analytical and problem solving skills
• Consistently demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and ability to interact with Associates at all levels of responsibility
• Personal presence to interface with top management of other businesses, including carriers, representing Lockton in the highest professional manner
• Demonstrated presentation skills
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook) or similar software applications
• Consistently demonstrated professional, tactful negotiation and persuasion
• Ability to develop and implement internal controls and procedures to assure the performance of Unit Associates necessary for excellence in customer satisfaction
• Consistently demonstrated understanding of when to process alone and when to involve the Unit Manager, Producer, or others
• Solid understanding, acceptance and promotion of the Lockton culture, remaining consistent with the organization’s philosophies and mission statement
• Maintain appropriate state license
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
November 21, 2023
November 7, 2023
October 23, 2023
September 15, 2023