Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
The Washington DC office for Lockton's Northeast Series is hiring Risk Analysts to join our fast-growing team.
Risk Analysts are the primary service contacts for an assigned book of Property & Casualty business and are responsible for developing strong working relationships with clients, carriers, and Lockton team members. They do so by managing the day-to-day client servicing and offering renewal support to Client Managers and/or Account Executives.
This is a foundational role designed for a recent college graduate or a professional with 1-2 years of relevant insurance experience. Our Analysts participate in an extensive onboarding and training course - our Career Foundations Program - intended to provide the technical and practical training needed to develop a long-term successful career in the industry.
Support Account Executives and Client Managers in:
- Responding to Client inquiries, maintaining documentation of communications, existing issues, and issue resolutions
- The implementation of new lines of coverage by setting up account, collecting documentation, and reviewing plan details with Client and Carrier
- Gathering and compiling exposure information from the Client, including compiling loss-run schedules and Client stratifications
- Requesting and securing quotes from insurers
- Audits, quotes, binders, and endorsements, making requests for changes as needed
- Updating specifications, application, and summary information to reflect changes during the year
Preparing/Drafting Client Engagement documents (Renewal Strategy, Stewardship, and Renewal Presentations)
Works with Technical Services Assistant to issue and process invoices, certificates of insurance, and auto ID cards
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related program (preferred) or equivalent education and/or experience required
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required
- Effective time/project management skills in order to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures, proactively protecting the confidentiality of client and company information
- Willingness and ability to work outside of normal business hours and travel as needed
- Legally able to work in the United States
*Lockton is committed to advancing diversity and inclusion. We have a dynamic entrepreneurial culture in which our people are empowered to make a difference to better serve our client needs. We are committed to giving back to our communities and we are invested in your success.
*We offer a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing organization.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
December 14, 2023
February 21, 2024
February 13, 2024
February 26, 2024