Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Minneapolis, Houston, San Antonio, Plano, Baton Rouge
Lockton Dunning Benefits is currently seeking a Data Scientist who will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting the data science solutions for the company. This includes the collection, aggregation, and analysis of data from multiple sources to provide insights, reporting, interactive visualization for functional management and decision making. In addition, you will contribute to the culture and processes that support a high functioning team and the organization more broadly.
- Evaluating large and complex data sets for the purpose of correlative and causal pattern discovery, trend driver analysis, predictive modeling, and financial forecasting
- Developing programming solutions to address unique situational needs, calling upon a diverse array of analytics methods and programming languages
- Build dashboards and exhibits that monitor key metrics and derive insights for a wide range of audiences
- Collaborate closely with and provide analytical guidance to Lockton consulting teams: strategic, clinical, pharmacy, account service, etc.
- Responsible for accurate and thorough documentation of product/components
- Requirement clarification, design, and implementation for software product/solution releases
- Contribute to continuous improvement of software development best practices in the areas of coding tools, languages and APIs, agile software design and development processes
- Designs and implements new, unit tested, software; maintains and enhances existing software
- Create/Design Database structures
- Develop, integrate, test and deliver high quality, robust solutions in a time bound manner as per the requirements
- Execute and deliver as per project plans
- Work with peers and leaders within the Data Science practice, as well as other Lockton associates and Lockton clients for smooth implementation and testing of the application at client location if required
- Contribute to the creation of re-usable tools and libraries
- Document, track, and monitor bugs, problems, and issues to ensure timely resolution
- Provide insight and assistance to the data and analytics staff
- 2+ years of relevant data analytics programming and/or insurance company experience, and an understanding of risk and insurance
- Experience developing Machine Learning models and Predictive Analytics algorithms
- Bachelor’s or master’s in data science, computer science, operations research, statistics, actuarial mathematics, applied mathematics, or a related quantitative field
- Ability to manage/maintain large data sets and process through various software, applications, and programming languages: Excel, PowerBI, PowerQuery, SQL, R, Python, SAS, etc.
- Ability to communicate complex analytical concepts and visualize results and analysis verbally and through software such as PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills, along with excellent planning, analysis, and problem-solving capabilities
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and multi-task effectively
- Excellent organizational, mathematics, and data skills
- Intellectual curiosity, and drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to take initiative and propose solutions and next steps without explicit direction
- Big Data/Real Time Analytics experience & Data warehouse/Data mining experience
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
December 14, 2023
February 21, 2024
February 13, 2024
February 26, 2024