Business Development Executive
Business Development Executive
Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Full Time Permanent
As a Lockton Business Development Executive your primary responsibility will be the identification and acquisition of suitable new clients on a General Insurance programme in Ireland.
Successful promotion of our business and our general insurance products is essential, through insurance lines such as Combined Liability, Motor fleet, Commercial Combined, Cyber, D&O, Professional Indemnity, Property/Business Interruption, Technology & Engineering. You will generate new business opportunities through phone, email and in-person contact, and will strive to convert these opportunities to new client business for Lockton by offering competitive pricing, excellent product knowledge and first rate service.
You will possess a pro-active attitude and ensure you continually drive a book of new business on a daily basis, by networking and building relationships with new prospects, to contribute to the overall success of the team. Lockton expect excellent standards of customer service and quality, and you must maintain and expand client relations in terms of quality and value. You will strive to achieve personal sales targets though business and client development activity.
Role responsibilities will include
- Proactive new business generation by client interaction, through networking, relationship building and attending industry related events and utilising existing contacts in these sectors where possible.
- Building a balanced pipeline for future revenues by engaging with senior level decision makers in our target industries
- Contacting identified prospects across the country on a daily basis, ensuring quality conversations with the relevant stakeholders .
- Offering exceptional customer service and product knowledge
- Obtaining key financial data and relevant information from targeted prospects in order to prepare our market submissions for insurer/underwriting review.
- Effectively managing a pipeline of prospects via a pipeline management tool, to meet the short, medium and long-term financial goals of the Producers.
- Contributing to the preparation of mail shots and engage in related marketing campaigns and material.
- Managing and maintaining your prospect database/pipeline and records, preparing insurer submission documentation, verification of information and resolution of routine problems.
- Providing activity reports and pipeline status at regular intervals as agreed with the Team Lead
The ideal candidate will have the ability to demonstrate expertise in their area of business, show consistent enthusiasm for the role and also have the natural ability and empathy to build rapport with clients. They will have previous experience working in the insurance sector in a fast paced, sales-oriented role and show resilience in such an environment. They will be capable of working on their own initiative, managing a book of prospects and constantly chasing down new leads to completion. It is essential they have excellent communication and negotiation skills and a network of contacts within the insurance industry, particularly underwriting.
- Ability to build and maintain good business relationships with clients, insurers and associates.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and tactful negotiation skills
- Ability to identify and expand opportunities for business development.
- Willingness and ability to continue to develop knowledge of products and related issues through formal and informal learning, both internal and external to the company.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook) or similar software applications.
- Competent typing and keyboard skills.
- Ability to manage time, prioritise and ensure that deadlines are met without compromising quality.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including research and investigation.
- Understanding of a clients’ business issues, insurance needs and expectations.
- Able to work in support of other team colleagues.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
December 14, 2023
February 21, 2024
February 13, 2024
February 26, 2024