Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton Dunning Benefits is currently seeking an Account Executive to proactively drive discussions around plan performance; monitor trends and make recommendations to improve effectiveness of employee programs/designs under the guidance of the Team Lead. This position will develop and maintain favorable internal and external relationships, with the end goal of providing the highest level of support by meeting or exceeding industry standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary contact for clients, vendors and insurance carriers
- Advise clients around service issues; develop and implement processes and policies to improve overall client service
- Play key roll in growing relationship with clients by recommending enhancements to benefit plan or broader program design
- Develop and lead communications strategy, collateral development, vendor, implementation and open enrollment meetings
- Draft and deliver client presentations and communications specific to each client’s benefit plans
- Develop employee communications for client to communicate the following; annual renewal changes, enrollment procedures, miscellaneous benefit changes and/or classifications
- Work with team lead to develop project plans, assemble teams for delivery on client projects, and ensure delivery against project goals
- Manage and report monthly claim tracking results and observations
- Work with team in ensuring completion of reports and administrative actions for clients such as Form 5500 filings, policy checking and delivery, SPDs, etc.
- Ability to lead client meetings and provide “on the spot” strategic guidance and financial performance information either in conjunction with, or independently from the team lead
- Manage and organize client tasks and open items relating to strategy and plan design
- Develop and produce request for proposal (RFP) by coordinating vendor responses, analysis and comparison of RFP responses and preparing client report with recommendations
- Assist in review the accuracy of all vendor agreements and/or plan/policy documents
- Meet with team lead to review action items and communicate problems and/or vendor issues
- Work with internal legal counsel and educates and advises clients on all compliance topics including but not limited to, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, 5500s and Health Care Reform
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field and/ or equivalent years of experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the insurance industry, specifically in employee welfare benefits
- Has required insurance licenses or able to become licensed
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to develop strong client relationships
- A firm working knowledge of welfare benefits in multiple product lines (i.e. medical, dental, life, AD&D, disability) and a basic understanding of risk and insurance
- Strong knowledge of differing financial arrangements and products available to clients (i.e. fully-insured, self-insured, minimum premium, ASO)
- Account management experience with medium to large, complex, multi-state clients and ability to lead client meetings
- Ability to manage/maintain large spreadsheets, census data distribution, geo-access benchmarking data, etc.
- Expert in Microsoft office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
November 21, 2023
November 7, 2023
October 23, 2023
September 15, 2023