Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Houston, Fort Worth, Birmingham
Lockton is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter to join our growing General Property account team! As the primary client contact, the Account Executive is focused on effective and successful account management through providing the highest level of service to our Clients and Associates. If you are looking for an opportunity to join an organization that allows you to be “Uncommonly Independent”, Apply Today!
Primary responsibilities include:
· Maintain and enhances Lockton’s relationships with existing clients by executing proactive, creative, and on-going contact initiatives
· Proactively understands the requirements and needs of a client account
· Provide strategic planning and consulting advice to clients including the production of Requests for Proposal, coordination of vendor responses, analysis and comparison of RFP responses, and preparation of a client report with recommendations
· Consult with clients to review investment options, bender services, fees, strategies, and goals
· Consult regularly with clients to review large claims, abnormal utilization results, and monthly claims experience
· Assist in the establishment and attainment of revenue goals for existing and new business
· Provide input in the development and implementation of policies and procedures, as well and operating and strategic plans within area of specialty
· Develop and maintain dependable working relationships with carriers, broker servicing networks, and other providers
· Oversee issue-resolution between client and the vendor
· Coordinate market selection for new and renewal business on designated accounts
· Initiate new business report activities
· Generate new business opportunities through cross-selling
· Negotiate program terms and costs
· Assist with the coordination of day-to-day administrative activities among those servicing the client’s account
· Provide information, concepts, techniques, and programs to department associates to improve and enhance working knowledge
· Mentors and trains junior-level staff
· Research and understand industry trends, product development, and government regulations
· Perform other responsibilities and duties, as needed
The most qualified candidate will possess the following:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management, Business Administration, or related field (preferred)
· Minimum of five (5) years of commercial property insurance experience – brokerage, underwriting and/or account management
· Demonstrated knowledge of the property insurance marketplace
· Industry related certifications, designations, and licenses (preferred)
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to successfully present data
· Ability to understand and utilize industry-specific trends and governmental regulations
· Focused on personal and team development with the ability to complete continuing education requirements as needed
· Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures, proactively protecting confidentiality of client and company information
· Strong organizational, multi-tasking and negotiation skills
· Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours to effectively service client and/or business needs
· Ability to travel, as needed/requested
· Legally able to work in the United States
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
November 21, 2023
November 7, 2023
October 23, 2023
September 15, 2023