Business Development Manager (People Solutions)
Business Development Manager (People Solutions)
Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Full Time Permanent
- Focus on Employee Benefits Insurance segment for Lockton Companies:
- Business development – acquisition of new accounts
- Broking – advise on benefits plan design, insurance and market trends
- Ensure all aspects of their responsibility are conducted in a professional and compliant manner in line with Lockton’s code of conduct and terms of business agreement.
- Responsible for new business acquisition.
- To hit targets/goals set out at beginning of each financial year.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Acquire new accounts through self-initiated lead generation, professional network, cold calls, client/internal referrals, Gebiz tenders and via social media platforms such as LinkedIn.
- Build lasting relationships by getting to know each client and offer effective solutions to address their benefits needs.
- Develop propositions and benchmarking outcomes for clients and stakeholders supported by market data.
- Build and develop a close, professional relationship with the respective insurers for competitive market support for clients’ plan designs whether traditional or flex options.
- Compile and present comparative options to stakeholders to support decision-making.
- Build the Lockton brand though exemplary and impactful client service. Show how Lockton is Uncommonly Independent.
- Responsible on programme design, placement, marketing and broking services for Lockton’s clients in line with agreed account strategies and ensure it is in accordance with Lockton operating procedures and compliant with regulatory.
- Consistently improving relationship and service with clients and contribute towards revenue growth.
- Keep abreast of insurance market and products/coverage developments and communicate to appropriate Associates/clients.
- Ensure all activities that are undertaken are compliant with regulation and Lockton’s internal standards and procedures.
- Manage and maintain market relationships at both operational and strategic level.
- Identify opportunities for expanded or new business.
- To identify and cross-sell the inter-department services which Lockton is able to provide.
- Relevant Insurance Diploma / CGI /HI /M5 /M9
- Insurance relevant specialty/technical diploma
- Degree-level educated
- 3+ years of business development of broking experience
- Demonstrated substantial year on year growth in EB revenues
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
November 21, 2023
November 7, 2023
October 23, 2023
September 15, 2023